February 15, 2016
Cornwall Quilters Guild monthly meeting
- Place : 1509 2nd St. W, Cornwall
- Time : 19:00
- Details : Cornwall Quilters Guild will hold the monthly meeting on Monday February 15, 2016 at 7:00 pm in St-Matthew's Lutheran Church hall, 1509 2nd St. W. Cornwall. All are welcome!
February 16, 2016
Free Training Program Money Management for Everyone
- Place : Tri-County Literacy Council 101 Second St West
- Time : 01:00
- Details : Tri-County Literacy Council is offering an exciting new training program called "Money Management for Everyone". The course is designed to help you manage your income. Call 613-932-7161 to register.
February 22, 2016
FREE Microsoft Word Training for Adults 19+
- Place : 101 Second Street West, Cornwall, ON
- Time : 13:00
- Contact : 613-932-7161
- Details : Learn to create professional-looking documents for your job search. This training is guided and supported by a knowledgeable instructor. Class runs Mondays and Wednesdays 1 to 4 pm for 8 weeks, starting February 22nd. For more information or to register, call 613-932-7161. Space is limited.
- Tri-County Literacy Council
February 27, 2016
The Vagina Monologues
- Place : Truffles Burger Bar
- Time : 18:00
- Contact : Jillian Reed
- Details : V-Day Cornwall presents a benefit production of Eve Ensler's "The Vagina Monologues". Proceeds from the event will benefit Sexual Assault Support Services for Women of SDG&A. Join Us as we LISTEN! ACT! and RISE! to Demand Revolutionary Change for Women and Girl Survivors of Violence On February 27th, 2016, at 6pm, V-Day Cornwall will present a one-night only benefit reading of Eve Ensler’s award winning play The Vagina Monologues at Truffles Burger Bar. Tickets are $50 and may be purchased at Echo Trends Clothing (54 Pitt St.) and Giroux Sewing Centre (511 Montreal Rd.). In addition to "The Vagina Monologues" performance, the tickets include a 3-course dinner, live music performed by The Trevorclefs, and a silent auction. What are The Vagina Monologues Hailed by The New York Times as "funny" and "poignant" and by the Daily News as "intelligent" and "courageous," The Vagina Monologues, which was first performed off-Broadway by Ms. Ensler, dives into the mystery, humor, pain, power, wisdom, outrage and excitement buried in women’s experiences. Ms. Ensler has performed the play to great acclaim throughout the world - from Zagreb to Santa Barbara, from London to Seattle, from Jerusalem to Oklahoma City. Villard Books/Random House first published The Vagina Monologues, which includes a foreword by Gloria Steinem, in February 1998. A special edition was released in hard cover and paperback in February 2008 in honor of V-Day’s ten year anniversary. To learn more about V-Day Cornwall, call (613) 932-1755 or e-mail the organization at firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about V-Day and its campaigns visit www.vday.org. To learn more about SASS for Women, visit www.sassforwomen.ca.