June 07, 2014
Denim & Diamonds
- Place : NAV CENTRE
- Time : 18:00
- Contact : Angela Preston, 613-930-4508
- Details : BDO, in collaboration with Cornwall Hospital Foundation, presents Denim & Diamonds patio party. Everything you loved about the inaugural event will be back on Saturday, June 7 at the NAV CENTRE! Live music! Local food! Cool drinks! Silent auction! A view on the St. Lawrence River! The NAV CENTRE's world-class service! All for you to enjoy as you support a great cause!
- Denim & Diamonds Patio Party
Incredible Edibles Plant Festival 2014
- Place : 340 Pitts St., Cornwall
- Time : 10:00
- Details : Join Transition Cornwall+ for a series of informative and fun-filled food gardening events at their 2nd Annual Incredible Edible Plant Festival, Saturday, June 7th 2014 between 10am- 2pm, at the Justice Building 340 Pitt St. Cornwall. Coinciding with Local Food Week, this festival will celebrate local food and home food gardening. Our many community partners and supporters include the City of Cornwall, Seaway Valley Community Health Centre, and the Social Development Council. To entice new gardeners of all ages, hundreds of vegetable seedlings will be given away. Plants will be potted onsite into 3-gallon size containers suitable for patios, balconies or front steps. There will be free presentations at the Seaway Valley Community Health Centre across the street (353 Pitt) on a variety of gardening topics -- soil, composting, and easy vegetables to grow. Questions about edible organic gardening will be answered by local experts, and Canadian Organic Grower members will be in attendance. To encourage children to learn about growing food, there will be a 'Kid’s Station" where they can paint their own plant sticks, and sunflowers to plant at the Police Station and vegetables at the Fire Station. All these events, plus live music and local exhibits, take place rain or shine. On Thursday, May 29 at 9.30 am, Bob Kilger, the mayor of Cornwall, is joining us to plant vegetables in front of the Justice Building as part of the launch of Local Food Week. Throughout the summer, as the tomatoes and spinach ripen in the planter, the public are encouraged to pick this fresh produce, as well as from the Fire Station food garden.
LOTTO DRAW & DANCE
- Place : ROYAL CANADIAN LEGION
- Time : 20:00
- Details : Saturday, June 7, from 8pm-12am at the Royal Canadian Legion. Draw: 10pm, Light Lunch: 11pm, entertainment by “REVIVAL”. Everyone Welcome.
Dance to Country Roads
- Place : Moose Lodge
- Time : 20:15
- Details : MOOSE LODGE (1367) Dance to Country Roads, Saturday, June 7, 8pm-12am. We have Hall Rentals for all occasions. Moose Lodge, 443 – 11th St. West. 613-938-0666.
- June 8, 2014 - PAROISSE ST. MARGARET OF SCOTLAND PARISH SOCIAL
- June 8, 2014 - AL-ANON FAMILY GROUPS PUBLIC OUTREACH
- June 8, 2014 - MEMORIAL SERVICE
- June 9, 2014 - BASIC COMPUTER TRAINING FOR ADULTS AND SENIORS
- June 9, 2014 - Vision Related Events
- June 9, 2014 - SUMMER SCHEDULE
- June 10, 2014 - AQUATIC EXERCISES
- June 11, 2014 - SUPPORT & SHARE NIGHT
- June 11, 2014 - ANNUAL GALA DINNER - BFO
- June 11, 2014 - SENIORS HAVING FUN