UPDATE: Fire at Aevitas sparked by blown light bulb

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

CORNWALL, Ontario - Firefighters have extinguished a blaze in the city's industrial park that was sparked when a light bulb exploded.

The fire at Aevitas Cornwall, which is located on Industrial Park Drive, was extinguished Monday night, said fire chief Richard MacCullough.

A high pressure light bulb inside the building accidently blew and fell on cable paper wrap, starting the blaze, said the fire service in a news release.

There were extremely low levels of PCBs (below one per cent) in the area of origin, the release continued. The situation did not pose a significant health or environmental risk to the public.

Minimal damage was caused to the building as a result of the fire.

One employee was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation upon exiting the building and was transported to hospital as a precaution and was later released.

The fire investigation is complete and the building has been released to the owner.

Organizations: Seaway News

Geographic location: Ontario

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments