EOHU Warns Public About Increased Mumps Activity
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) is warning the public about increased mumps activity throughout Ontario.
CORNWALL, Ontario - The Cornwall Chamber has received an advisory from Bell Canada warning of an increase in fraudulent communications from parties claiming to be Bell.
These ‘Phishing’ communications are designed to trick you into disclosing your login, password or other sensitive information by disguising themselves as companies you may trust.
Bell will never ask you to provide or confirm PIN numbers, banking or credit details via text message or email. If you receive such an e-mail or text message from Bell that you believe to be fraudulent, do not respond.
Bell offers these additional tips for consumers:
· Be careful about posting personal information such as your e-mail, date of birth or travel plans on public web and social networking sights.
· It is important to create complex, difficult-to-guess passwords and be sure to change them frequently.
· Be wary of unsolicited offers, contests and investment opportunities.
Bell also provides the following information:
· If you receive a suspicious communication and are uncertain that Bell is the sender, contact the company at 1-866-301-1942.
· If you receive an email claiming to be from Bell, do not respond but forward it to email@example.com and the company will investigate.
· If you receive an SMS claiming to be from Bell, do not respond but forward the message from your device to 7726 (SPAM) for investigation.