CORNWALL, Ontario – The Cornwall Police Service (CPS) is reminding motorists and passengers to Lock it OR Lose it when it comes to their vehicles and valuables.
Officers will be on the look out for perpetrators of crimes such as thefts from motor vehicles, mischiefs, and trespassing. The CPS is also asking for the assistance of the public to help reduce the risk of valuables being stolen by taking the following precautions:
- Always roll up your windows, lock the doors and pocket the keys
- Never leave the keys running in the ignition while your vehicle is unattended
- Keep your vehicle registration and insurance documents on you at all times
- Always park in a well-lit area
- If you have a garage, use it
- Remove valuables from plain view
The CPS also recommends making a nightly routine of checking your vehicle before heading to bed. By ensuring the doors are locked, windows are up, and valuables have been brought inside their residence, motorists can help decrease the chance of a theft occurring.
Residents are encouraged to contact (613) 932-2110 to report any suspicious activity in their neighbourhood.