NORTH DUNDAS, Ontario – Steven McSheffrey, 22, of Russel was arrested on March 20 a charged with the following:
- Drive a motor vehicle while impaired
- Drive a motor vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol in blood
- Stunt driving (Highway Traffic Act)
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance (Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act)
- Driving under suspension (HTA)
- Fail to stop for police (HTA)
- Use plates not authorized for the vehicle
It is alleged that around 12:53 a.m. on March 20, SDG OPP attempted to stop the vehicle for a traffic violation on County Rd. 5 in North Dundas. The driver failed to comply with the request and continued on until he was intercepted by officers without incident.
As the vehicle continued and failed to stop for police, it allegedly reached excessive speeds, up to 148 km/h in an 80 km zone. Once stopped, the vehicle was impounded and the driver’s permit seized for seven days.
The driver was released and is scheduled to appear in Morrisburg Court on April 2.