EDIT: This article discusses thefts from vehicles, not vehicles being stolen. Cornwall Seaway News apologizes for any confusion.
SOUTH STORMONT, Ontario – Officers have responded to multiple reports of vehicles that were entered as they were parked at residences on County Rd. 18 (St. Andrews West area), Rosedale Terrace and Headline Rd. over the past few weeks.
Inside the vehicles, Canadian currency and wallets (containing credit cards) were stolen.
A lone male has been observed in the areas and arrives on a bicycle wearing a hoodie and a backpack.
SDG OPP are seeking the public’s assistance including any outdoor surveillance video or information on any suspicious persons that had been observed in the area during the past weeks.
As an investigation continued, OPP encourage citizens to “Lock It OR Lose It” and to take precautions to protect their vehicle contents from theft.
You can help prevent theft by following some crime prevention tips:
• Always roll up your vehicle’s windows, lock the doors and pocket the key.
• If you have a garage, use it and lock the door as well as your vehicle.
• Keep your vehicle registration certificate/proof of insurance on you at all times.
• Always park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
• Never leave valuable objects or packages in full view. Put them in the trunk.
• Never leave your vehicle unattended while it is running.