SOUTH DUNDAS, Ontario – SDG OPP responded to a report of a disturbance and traffic complaint on Sunday, June 9 at approximately 7:28 p.m. on Hwy 401 in South Dundas Township.
Investigation revealed that a male exited his tractor trailer and had brandished a weapon following a minor collision between two vehicles (tractor trailer and SUV). The tractor trailer driver then fled the scene.
Further investigation revealed the driver of the tractor trailer was under the influence of a drug.
Daye Ouellette, 37 of Granby, Quebec was arrested and is charged with:
– Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle
– Assault with a weapon (three counts)
– Operation while impaired – drugs
– Fail to remain (Highway Traffic Act)
– Fail to carry inspection schedule (HTA)
– Fail to maintain daily log(HTA)
He was released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Morrisburg court on July 9.