CORNWALL, Ontario – On Sept. 10, 2019, members of the Cornwall Police Service Street Crime Unit executed a drug warrant at a Walton St. residence. As a result of the investigation, a shotgun, a machete, along with a quantity of cocaine and methamphetamine were seized from the residence. A quantity of Canadian and American currency was also seized.
Michael Moran, 37, Rita Charlebois, 64, and Carley Winters, 25, were arrested and charged with the following:
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
• Possession for the purpose of trafficking methamphetamine
• Knowledge of possession of an unauthorized firearm
• Unauthorized possession of a firearm
• Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose x 2
• Possession of ammunition for a dangerous purpose
• Careless storage of a firearm
• Careless storage of ammunition
• Possession of property obtained by crime
Michael Moran was also charged with breach of undertaking for failing to keep the peace, while Carley Winters was also charged with breach of undertaking for possessing drugs and drug trafficking equipment. They were both held for a bail hearing. Rita Charlebois was released to appear in court on Oct. 8, 2019.