CORNWALL, Ontario – Once again the City of Cornwall will be opening will be opening its outdoor rinks with the help of volunteers.
There are 10 outdoor rinks in Cornwall that will be opening this winter season.
The rinks will open once it is cold enough for ice to form. The rinks marked with a * below have lights at night.
- Alexander Park* (Ninth St and Adolphus St)
- Dover Heights Park (Dover Rd and Robertson Ave)
- Grant Park (Kennedy Dr and Grant Ave)
- King George Park* (Seventh St and York St)
- Mattice Park (Edward St)
- Memorial Park (Bedford St and Third St)
- Menard Park (Concorde Ave)
- Optimist Park* (Sunnyside Ave and St. Michel Ave)
- Reg Campbell Park (Leitch Dr and Fraser Ave)
- Terry Fox Park (Mercier Ave and Ross Ave)
Hours of operation for rinks are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Outdoor lights are on from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The City is asking residents to abide by signs which will indicate if the rinks are open or not. Rinks may close for short periods of time this season due to weather conditions.
Rinks are expected to be open early in 2020.