CORNWALL, Ontario – A 22-year-old Cornwall man and a 17-year-old family member of the man, both of Cornwall, were arrested on Feb. 12, 2020 and charged with the following:
• Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling x four
• Possession of illicit cannabis x four
• Possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
• Possession of a Schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking – psilocybin
• Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling x three
• Possession of illicit cannabis x three
As a result of an ongoing investigation by the CPS Street Crime Unit, on February 12th, police executed a Search Warrant at a residence in the area of Glengarry Blvd. and Holy Cross Blvd. During the investigation, police recovered a quantity of illicit cannabis and psilocybin, in addition to a quantity of American and Canadian currency. The combined street value of the drugs and currency is estimated to be approximately $56,000.
Both individuals were taken into custody, charged accordingly and released to appear in court at a later date. Their names were not released as per provision of the Youth Criminal Justice Act, as the identity of the adult man would identify the youth.
The CPS is working diligently to combat drug trafficking within the city of Cornwall and would like to remind residents about the dangers of using and selling illicit drugs. Anyone with information on illegal drug activity is encouraged to contact our anonymous tip line at 613-933-5000 ext. 2404.