CORNWALL, Ontario – This coming Monday is Family Day, and whether you’re hoping to shop, spend time outdoors or travel, your plans may be impacted due to service changes and special offerings.
The following is an overview of services that are impacted and activities are taking place…
- Cornwall Transit will not be operating on Monday, Feb. 17 and Transit offices will be closed.
- Garbage and recycling pick-up will be delayed by one day and the Cornwall landfill is closed on Feb. 17.
- Big Ben Ski Centre will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., weather permitting. Skiers and snowboarders of all ages can benefit from discounted tickets – just $5 on Family Day!
- Guindon Park’s cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are always free to use.
- The Aquatic Centre will be open for a leisure swim from 2 p.m. to 3:25 p.m. (Swim fees range from $4.85 for adults to $4.02 for accessibility). The Kinsmen Club of Cornwall is also sponsoring a swim from 1 p.m. to 1:55 p.m. Swimming lessons are cancelled. Office hours are from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Benson Centre and Cornwall Public Library will be open with special Family Day events. To find out more information about these events, visit the City’s website here.
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations will be closed, as well as Your Independent Grocer on Feb. 17. Shoppers Drugmart at Brookdale Ave. will be open.