CORNWALL, ON – The return of the Tampon Donation Drive is taking place at The United Centraide SDG, from March 7 to March 22.
The initiative of this drive across Canada, is to donate menstrual products, products for shelters, food banks, and other organizations, to ensure that people have access to these items.
“We’re getting so many calls every day from people who are struggling to keep up with the cost of living. So many are having to choose between paying their bills or buying food. Menstrual hygiene products are a necessary monthly expense many simply cannot afford right now. We hope donations received from Tampon Tuesday will help give people access to safe products without having to sacrifice other expenses,” said Juliette Labossière, UWC SDG Executive Director.
Last year’s Tampon Donation Drive had a resounding positive feedback from the community.
“Last year was our first year running a Tampon Tuesday product drive in our community, and we were so moved by the strong support we received for this campaign and the message behind it. More than 300 boxes of menstrual hygiene products were donated, and we were able to distribute these to five local organizations: Agape, Naomi House, Akwesasne Healing Centre, Baldwin House, and Sexual Assault Support Services Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry & Akwesasne,” said Stephanie Lapointe, Campaign & Communications Coordinator for The United Way Centraide of SD&G.
People can support the donation drive by:
- Drop off product donations at the United Way Centraide SDG Office between March 7 – 22 at the United Way Centraide SDG office (55 Water St West, Suite 240) or Morrisburg Chiropractic (85 Main St).
- Donate money online or over the phone towards the campaign, and we will purchase the products
- Donate via an Amazon Wishlist and have products shipped to the United Way Centraide SDG office
- Organize a workplace product drive to collect product donations with coworkers
- Help us Stuff a Bus on Tuesday, March 22 with product donations in the city thanks to Cornwall Transit (Location to be announced soon)
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org