May 17, 2022
Are you a student in grades 7 to 12 looking to give a voice to your generation when it comes to climate change issues and the environment? Then consider becoming a member of Cornwall’s Youth for Climate Action Working Group.
The group is helping to bring about an attractive, zero carbon, and climate resilient Cornwall where all people will feel safe and are proud to live and work. It also happens to be looking for members for the 2022-2023 school year!
The purpose of Cornwall’s Youth for Climate Action is to:
- Give young people a voice on climate change issues, giving members the platform to influence and have their say on how the City responds to climate change and extreme weather events.
- Give young people insight on how the City will tackle climate change issues.
- Assist the City to empower residents to take action on climate change, providing insight into how to encourage people to take responsibility for their behaviours.
“This will be the second year for the City’s Youth for Climate Action Working Group. Many of the current members are graduating this year, so there will be several vacancies to fill,” said Angie Parker, the City of Cornwall’s Sustainability Project Coordinator. “This working group allows youth to voice their opinions and concerns when it comes to municipal climate change strategies. Students also have the opportunity to be a part of many outreach initiatives.”
Apply before September 16, 2022 at 4 p.m. to join the Youth for Climate Action Working Group!
Please consider applying if you are…
- passionate about the environment and climate change,
- concerned about extreme weather events and the future of our planet,
- in grades 7 to 12 as of September 16, 2022,
- a resident of Cornwall (residents of SDG will be considered), and
- available to meet one Monday of every month at 2:30 pm (must obtain permission from teachers to leave school early for these meetings).