ST. ANDREWS, Ontario – A 38-year-old man fired a gun in the direction of family members during a weekend dispute that could have been deadly.
Police closed a section of Valade Road, north of Cornwall, for a few hours Sunday during the arrest of the man, who was not named.
A 38-year-old man from South Stormont Township was arrested without incident and is charged with:
– Attempt Murder (two counts)
– Utter Threats to Cause Death
– Breach of Firearms Regulation (three counts)
– Careless Use of a Firearm
– Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
He was held in custody pending an appearance (bail) at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall. His name is being withheld in order to protect the identity of the victims.
There were no injuries.
The OPP’s Tactics & Rescue Unit (TRU) and Emergency Response Team (ERT) members assisted in the arrest.