CORNWALL, Ontario – Joshua Tilley, 24, of Cornwall was arrested on August 8, 2017 and charged with the following:
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- Fail to remain at the scene of an accident
- Assault police with intent to resist arrest
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Breach of probation (fail to keep the peace)
- Breach of recognizance (operating a motor vehicle)
It is alleged on August 8, 2017 the man was operating a motor vehicle in a dangerous manner when it collided with a tree in the area of Seventh Street West. It is also alleged the man fled the scene and was located by police a short distance away. He was taken into custody after a brief struggle and found to be in possession of a quantity of marijuana and hashish. He was charged accordingly and held for a bail hearing.