These charges have yet to be proven in court.
(NORTH STORMONT, ON)- On March 7, 2022 Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial (OPP) crime unit initiated an investigation regarding a historical sexual assault allegation.
On March 17, 2022 a 56 year-old male was arrested and charged for the historical sexual assault. To protect the identity of the victim, the name of the accused will not be revealed to the public.
The 56 -year-old male of South Stormont Ontario, was arrested and charged with the following offences;
– Sexual Assault on a Person under 16 years of age CC 271 – four counts
– Sexual Interference CC 151
– Invitation to Sexual Touching under 16 years of age CC 152 -two counts
– Sexual Exploitation CC 153
– Incest CC 155 – three counts
– Indecent Act CC 173(1) (b)
The victim was known to the accused and there is no risk to public safety.
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Cornwall Justice Court at a future date.