This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryers are one of the best-selling new Canadian kitchen appliances in years. These machines are capable of performing a wide variety of tasks quickly. They can make cooking and meal prep extremely easy. They’re practically a staple of modern home cooking! Each air fryer has a selection of features and options to consider before making your final choice.
We’ve put together this list of the best air fryers in Canada to help you. Now you can find the best new all-purpose appliance for your home kitchen.
- Best Overall: COSORI 5.8QT Air Fryer
- Best Capacity: Innsky 10.6QT Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator
- Best Display: T-Fal Easy Fry Air Fryer & Grill
- Best Budget: Ultrean 4.2QT Air Fryer
- Best Cooking Functions: Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven
- Best Additional Features: COSORI Air Fryer Pro
- Best Temperature Range: Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer
Best Overall: COSORI 5.8QT Air Fryer
The COSORI 5.8QT Air Fryer is the best air fryer in Canada due to its host of features, cooking functions, and technology that creates moist, perfectly-cooked food. Together, all of these features create a powerful machine that helps you cook every meal!
This fryer uses 720-degree hot air circulation technology. This method is unique to COSORI. It uses preheating to keep moisture inside the oven, then increases the heat rapidly to create a satisfyingly crispy surface on all of your food. This method also helps reduce cooking times, so you can get delicious food in no time at all.
The 13 cooking functions allow for most of your cooking needs. Alongside the quick preheat and Keep Warm functions, you’ll find settings for steak, chicken, fries, vegetables, seafood, shrimp, root vegetables, bread, desserts, bacon, and frozen foods. All presets to adjust the time and temperature for you, so you get the best possible results.
The basket is square, so you’ll have more room in the corners. This shape allows you to cook more food than other, similar capacity fryers. When you’re finished with your meal prep, you can remove the baskets and throw them in the dishwasher. These baskets are also non-stick, so you won’t be dealing with stubborn stuck-on food messes.
This powerful fryer comes with a recipe book that includes 100 original chef-created recipes to try with your air fryer. You’ll also get support for a full 2 years after the sale. All plastics and materials used in this COSORI air fryer are BPA and PFOA-free.
Specs and Details:
- Capacity:8 quarts
- Functions: 13
- Wattage: 1700 watts
- Dimensions:8” x 14.3” x 12.7”
- Temperature Range: 77° – 205° C (170° – 400° F)
The COSORI 5.8QT Air Fryer is Great For:
- Those who need to cook up to 2 pounds of food at once
- Users who need functions for foods like bacon, shrimp, bread, and frozen foods
- Those who have access to a dishwasher
The Cosori 5.8QT Air Fryer has 13 cooking functions, including 11 preset smart programs. Programs include Preheat, Keep Warm, and settings for steak, chicken, fries, vegetables, seafood, shrimp, bacon, root vegetables, bread, desserts, and frozen foods. The baskets are detachable, non-stick, and can be placed in the dishwasher for stress-free cleaning. This air fryer uses 720-degree hot air circulation. This heating method creates more crispy foods than other methods because it heats the food evenly from all sides. When you purchase the fryer, you’ll also get 100 chef-created recipes to try.
- 13 cooking functions and smart programs
- Non-stick and dishwasher safe basket
- 720-degrees hot air circulation technology creates crispy foods
- Includes 100 chef-created recipes
Best Capacity: Innsky 10.6QT Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator
Innsky’s 10.6QT Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator features the largest capacity on our list. It can heat an incredible amount of food at once with its large 10.6-quart interior. In addition, it features up to 17 different functions and presets to help you cook a variety of foods to the perfect temperature and texture. If you need a larger option for more family meals, this is the air fryer for you.
Despite its large size, this air fryer takes up a relatively small area on your countertop. The design features more vertical area, so it’s taller than some of the other options on the market. This allows it to hold multiple pans or baskets at once, increasing your output for large social gatherings or bigger families.
The 17 cooking modes and presets give you a ton of different cooking options. You can set the fryer to work as a rotisserie, dehydrator, pizza grill, or toaster oven. You can use it to air fry, bake, grill, broil, roast, toast, rotisserie, and dehydrate foods.
There are also 10 food presets, including temperature and time settings for fries, steak, fish, shrimp, pizza, chicken, cake, and fruit, as well as a roast meat and vegetable option. The wealth of features and large capacity turn this Innsky air fryer into a powerhouse in your kitchen! Functions also include a 17th preheating function, which helps the oven be ready when you are.
This air fryer contains BPA and PFOA-free materials, as well as a bright display and smooth touchscreen interface. It comes with plenty of accessories to facilitate the multiple cooking options, including skewers, a rotisserie basket, a rotisserie shaft, and a removal tool. It comes with two mesh racks and a drip tray, too.
Instead of the standard 12-month warranty that most air fryers use, this Innsky model is guaranteed for 30 months. Additional features like auto shut-off, overheating protection, and dishwasher safe parts take the Innsky 10.6QT Air Fry Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator to the next level.
- Capacity: 6 quarts
- Functions: 17 functions and presets
- Wattage: 1500 watts
- Dimensions: 4” x 14.3” x 14.2”
- Temperature Range:5° – 204.4° C (150° – 400° F)
The Innsky 10.6QT Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator is Great For:
- Users who need a larger capacity for family meals
- Those who need multiple cooking functions
- Users who want quick preheating for fast use
This Innsky air fry oven comes with a ton of accessories to help with the different cooking functions, including mesh racks, rotisserie shafts and baskets, skewers, and more. This air fryer can double as up to 8 different appliances, including a rotisserie, dehydrator, toaster, and broiler. There are plenty of options for all of your cooking needs. The streamlined design doesn’t take up much room on your countertops, but it has a huge interior capacity for family-sized meals. In addition, you get 8 food presets and a preheat function. Food presets include cake, fruit, pizza, chicken, shrimp, and more.
- Comes with tons of accessories
- 8 different cooking functions
- Streamlined design with large internal capacity
- 8 food presets and preheats function
Best Display: T-Fal Easy Fry Air Fryer & Grill
The T-Fal Easy Fry Air Fryer & Grill is one of the smallest options on our list. However, it still offers a ton of functionality despite its small footprint. It’s made to fit on the smallest of countertops and still be incredibly versatile. It uses a smooth, digital control panel to help you control the time and temperature, but includes a wealth of features so you can safely cook the best possible meals for your family.
This air fryer holds about 4.4 quarts, but it also can act as an indoor grill. There’s plenty of room inside to use the included sizzling grill plate to create delicious grilled meats and vegetables. The display is where this option shines. While the exterior has a classic brushed metal look, the touchscreen display is simple and clean.
This display panel makes it easy to switch between the grill and air fry functions with a single button. Detailed food drawings help you choose the right temperature and time for each of the most popular food functions. However, you can customize these options using the temperature and time adjustment panels as well. Whether you want to let the machine do the work or not, there’s an option for everyone.
This air fryer has 8 food presets to choose from in addition to the grilling or air frying options. Presets include fries, cutlets, shrimp, cakes, pizza, fish, grill, and a roasting option. Whatever you want to cook in this air fryer, you have the tools to do it. It also includes a digital recipe book that has 30 unique recipes to try.
You can precisely control the temperature with the display, over a range of about 120° C. The crisp heat technology also allows you to quickly create deliciously crispy dishes with up to 99% added fat compared to standard frying. Take advantage of the countdown timer (up to 60 minutes) or the automatic shut-off option to ensure your food is never overdone.
- Capacity: 4 quarts
- Functions: 8 presets
- Wattage: 1450 watts
- Dimensions: 7” x 12.5” x 14.6”
- Temperature Range: 80° – 200° C (176° – 392° F)
The T-Fal Easy Fry Air Fryer & Grill is Great For:
- Those with smaller countertop space
- Users with families of up to 6 people
- Those who love grilling but don’t have an outside grill
The T-Fal Easy Fry Air Fryer & Grill doubles as a grill with the preset and included grilling plate. This late is easy to clean and creates a lovely grill flavor without purchasing an outside grill. There are 8 preset food modes, including fries, cutlet, shrimp, cake, pizza, fish, grill, & roast. The touchscreen controls are easy and convenient to use, plus it creates a nice look for this countertop appliance. Other features include a countdown timer and automatic shutoff to keep your food from burning.
- Air fryer doubles as a grill with the included grill plate
- 8 preset food modes
- Touchscreen controls
- Countdown timer and automatic shutoff
Best Budget: Ultrean 4.2QT Air Fryer
Want a great air fryer on a budget? The Ultrean 4.2QT Air Fryer might be for you. It comes in four different colors (black, mint, red, and white), and each costs less than similar models. This small round air fryer can hold up to 4.2 quarts of food and offers a simple interface without many confusion settings. It’s also one of the best simple air fryers in Canada we’ve seen, mostly due to the control panel and straightforward design.
The front of the air fryer features a round screen that displays the timer and temperature. Below are buttons to increase or decrease the temperature, or increase or decrease the time. T: here’s also a power button to get you started when your settings are just right.
The large baskets are dishwasher safe and take up nearly half the air fryer’s height. There’s enough room inside for fries, fried chicken, and more. This air fryer uses rapid air technology to quickly heat your food to protection. The basket and frying post are both dishwasher-safe and non-stick, so it’s easy to clean when you’re finished.
Options for the timer range up to 30 minutes, with a temperature range of between 82.2° and 204° C. You can precisely control these settings with the simple buttons. It’s simple to use and automatically switches off when the set time has elapsed, so your food isn’t going to burn. It also features overheat protection to keep your family safe while you’re cooking.
This air fryer is perfect for kitchens with limited counter space, too. The small footprint makes it ideal for those who don’t have much room to spare, but still want to experience some great meals. If you need additional accessories, you can purchase kits that perfectly fit this air fryer through Ultrean. There are a host of accessories available for a wealth of different cooking functions.
- Capacity: 2 quarts
- Functions: 1 function setting
- Wattage: 1500 watts
- Dimensions: 2” x 13.25” x 13”
- Temperature Range: 2° – 204° C (180° – 400° F)
The Ultrean 4.2QT Air Fryer is Great For:
- Users who want a great air fryer on a budget
- Those with limited counter space
- Smaller families who need less food at once
Ultrean’s 4.2-quart air fryer offers a small footprint for those with limited counter space. This air fryer uses a simple interface and intuitive button control to allow you to change the temperature and time settings. It also features auto shut-off and overheats protection, so your food will stay at the perfect temperature without posing any danger to your home. The large basket is completely non-stick and dishwasher safe for easy clean-up.
- Small footprint
- Simple interface and button control
- Auto shut-off and overheat protection
- Large dishwasher safe basket
Best Cooking Functions: Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven
The Ninja Foodie 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven has some of the best cooking options we’ve seen. It’s got a large capacity, but it doesn’t take up a lot of room on your counters. It’s designed on a hinge, so you can easily flip it up and out of the way when you aren’t using it. Sensors and safety features prevent it from starting in this position, but it keeps your counters clear.
This oven is wide and flat, designed completely differently than some of the other options on our list. This extra few inches of width allow it to cook larger items like pizza, larger plates of food, and more. The machine has options for air frying, air roasting, air broiling, baking, toasting, and dehydrating. There is also a special setting for bagels and a Keep Warm function that will keep your food ready to eat until you are.
This oven is extremely fast as well. It works about 60% faster than the traditional oven, even when you factor in the 60-second preheat cycle. With the wider capacity, you can fit different foods inside to create an entire meal at once! You can also fit up to a 13” pizza inside, or six standard chicken breasts. There’s even an option for toast doneness when you use it as a toaster!
If you want options, this air fryer might be the one for you. There are so many simple functions that are easy to navigate and use, you’ll be cooking entire meals in no time. It’s easy to clean, too. Simply remove the crumb tray and unhook the hinged back panel. Together, these options give you access to the interior of the fryer. You’ll be able to really get in there in a way that most air fryers don’t allow for.
This Ninja air fryer also comes with accessories to help you cook precisely with these settings. You’ll get an air fry basket that allows for crispness on every side of the food. There’s also a 13” x 13” sheet pan to help you cook just about everything else.
- Capacity: 10 quarts
- Functions: 8 functions
- Wattage: 1800 watts
- Dimensions: 7” x 7.6” x 15”
- Temperature Range: Up to 204° F, or 400° F
The Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven is Great For:
- Users with small countertops who need a larger air fryer
- Those who want to clean every inch of their air fryer
- Home cooks who want multiple machines in one
The Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven is the ultimate space-saving appliance. When you aren’t using it, it flips up against the wall to save you space. Using this feature, you can easily clean the interior of the machine by removing the hinged back panel and cleaning the inside. There are 8 different functions available with this air fryer, including air fry, air roast, air broil, bake, toast, bagel, dehydrate, and keep warm. It also comes with the accessories to make this possible, including an air fry basket and a 13” x 13” sheet pan.
- Flips up against the wall when not in use
- Easy to clean using the removable back panel
- 8 different functions
- Comes with accessories
Best Additional Features: COSORI Air Fryer Pro
The COSORI Air Fryer Pro is a larger model with a square basket, making it ideal for larger families at an increased capacity. It might not have the biggest capacity we’ve seen, but it has a host of functions and additional features that will help make your home cooking experience that much better.
This air fryer has 10 fully customizable food preset options, including options for steak, chicken, fish, shrimp, frozen food, bacon, fries, vegetables, bacon, and toast. You’ll have an option to bake instead of air fry, as well as options to preheat the fryer or keep your food warm so everything is ready at the same time.
These settings can be activated with a single touch. However, they can also be fully customized. You can change the temperature or time as you see fit. One of the greatest additional options included with this fryer is the shake basket reminder. As you’re customizing your presets to suit your cooking style, you can add in shake reminders. This timer goes off to remind you to shake the food in the basket, providing more even cooking than ever before.
Like the other COSORI model on our list, this air fryer uses quick heating technology to make your food crispy and quickly. Results are tasty, and the square basket allows you to get even more food done at once. The baskets themselves are non-stick, dishwasher safe, and free of harmful chemicals like PFOA and BPA. This mighty air fryer can complete your cooking setup, with options for nearly every food you’ll need to cook. Getting an entire meal done is a breeze!
Want to try out new recipes? You’ll be happy to find that this air fryer comes with a large 100-recipe booklet with a ton of great recipes to try. The control panel is easy to operate as well, with intuitive controls and a slight tilt to get you closer to your options.
- Capacity: 8 quarts
- Functions: 12 functions
- Wattage: 1700 watts
- Dimensions: 8” x 12.0” x 12.7”
- Temperature Range: 77° – 400° C (170° – 400° F)
The COSORI Air Fryer Pro is Great For:
- Those with a larger family
- Users with more counter space for the square design
- Those who need pinpoint precision for temperature
The square basket in this COSORI Air Fryer Pro gives you more space for food, creating a better capacity than circular basket models. There are 10 customizable food presets, including steak, chicken, fish, shrimp, frozen food, fries, vegetables, bacon, toast, and bake. You can also use preheat and Keep Warm functions. All of these settings can be changed based on your preferences and include the option for a shake reminder. The air fryer comes with a recipe book featuring more than 100 recipes to try with your air fryer.
- The square basket gives you more space for food
- 10 customizable presets, plus preheat and Keep Warm functions
- Shake reminder option
- Includes over 100 recipes to try with your air fryer
Best Temperature Range: Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer
Though the Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer is the last option on our list, it’s still one of the best air fryers in Canada. Here, you’ll find the widest temperature range we’ve seen. The thermostat starts at 35° C (95° F) to 204° C (400° F). This range allows you to cook nearly anything – and if that doesn’t, the wealth of functions does.
This Instant Vortex air fryer has nine different cooking functions in addition to certain food presets. Functions include air fry, bake, broil, dehydrate, roast, proof, toast, reheat, and rotisserie. Each of these programs is customizable, so you can change them based on your preferences. Food preset options include chicken wings, roasted vegetables, cinnamon buns, and more. Using the panel, you can easily adjust options to suit your favorite recipes or styles.
The glass front on this air fryer elevates it past some of the other options we’ve seen here. The glass front makes it easy to check how your food is cooking without opening the fryer and potentially disrupting the cooking cycle. No matter what you’re cooking inside, you’ll be able to track your progress with the glass front and interior light.
This air fryer is extremely versatile. To match the multiple cooking functions, it offers a ton of accessories to help you get started right away. Accessories include two perforated pans for frying, a drip tray that doubles as a sheet pan, and several rotisserie accessories. These include a basket, forks, spit, and lift to help you remove your meat from the rotisserie spit. Most of these accessories are dishwasher safe.
In addition, the Instant Vortex Pro operates quietly on all levels. While some air fryers can be extremely loud and create a lot of condensation, this machine is quiet and doesn’t make a mess. You’re sure to find a setting for everything you want to cook in this versatile air fryer!
- Capacity: 10 quarts
- Functions: 9 cooking functions and 3+ food presets
- Wattage: 1500 watts
- Dimensions: 75” x 14.4” x 13.2”
- Temperature Range: 35° – 204° C (95° – 400° F)
The Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer is Great For:
- Those who want multiple cooking functions in one machine
- Users who want to watch their food book
- Busy families who need fast meal prep and readiness
The Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer includes accessories to fully utilize the 9 different cooking functions. This includes a rotisserie basket, spit, forks, and lift. There are also two perforated pans and a drip tray perfectly sized for the interior of the fryer. There are a variety of one-touch customizable programs, including food options for chicken wings, roasted vegetables, and cinnamon buns. Most of the accessories used for these functions are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. This air fryer also performs extremely quietly in all settings.
- Includes multiple accessories for cooking functions
- One-touch customizable cooking programs
- Most accessories are dishwasher safe
- Performs quietly on all settings
How to Choose the Best Air Fryer in Canada
How Do Air Fryers Work?
An air fryer helps you cook food without the use of oil. Similar to convection ovens or other countertop heating devices, a fan and a heating mechanism work together rapidly. Your food is juicy and gets a delicious crispy exterior. If you want your fried foods to be that well-fried brown colour or you need your frozen food to be a little crisper, an air fryer can help.
Inside the air fryer, a perforated basket helps food cook evenly on all sides, circulating heat around every inch of your food. Some may require cooking or rotating to cook evenly, but it’s still a faster alternative to a standard oven. It’s also healthier than a regular oil fryer. While air fryers use some oil, it’s much less than standard oil fryers.
You can use your air fryer to cook:
- Meats like chicken, pork, and steak
- French fries
- Shrimp and other seafood
- Frozen pre-made foods
- Anything you would fry with an oil fryer.
Why Choose an Air Fryer?
Though air fryers generally work better than standard or convection ovens, you might still be wondering why you need one. Here are some great points to consider as you think about buying an air fryer in Canada.
- They’re extremely convenient. These fryers are quick, portable, easy to store, and easier to use than a standard deep fryer. There’s no oil to worry about, so most processes are simpler overall.
- They don’t make a mess. Most accessories that come with air fryers are dishwasher safe. In addition, the lack of oil creates less mess anyway. Extremely hot air circulating through the oven isn’t going to create as much mess as boiling oil. Even when you put a little oil in to get a deliciously crispy texture, it still doesn’t create as much mess as a standard deep fryer.
- They are usually healthier. Foods fried in an air fryer typically contain less fat and grease than foods fried using a deep frier. Some foods made in standard or convection ovens may turn out soggy, too. Thankfully, an air fryer can easily create the crisp exterior of fried food while remaining significantly better for you.
- They are extremely versatile. An oven can only be a few different appliances. A deep fryer has a single purpose. Air fryers, on the other hand, can cook like many different appliances. You’ll often find air fryers that bake, rotisserie, dehydrate, and grill food as well as air frying. The way they are built leads to much more variety in the functions they can perform.
As you shop for an air fryer, there are a few basic options you need to consider. Here, we’ll go over which basic functions you should look for, including things like capacity and temperature range.
How much space is inside the air fryer? The measured capacity will tell you. The capacity tells you how much food you can effectively cook at once, and it’s one of the most important factors to consider in an air fryer.
Standard air fryers for a family of 2-4 have a capacity of around 4.5 quarts. There is plenty of room in an air fryer of this size to cook most of the food a family would need. Smaller air fryers are available for single users, but there are also larger capacities available for larger families. If you have a big family or want to cook for entertaining, choose an air fryer with a capacity of closer to 10 quarts.
When you think about Capacity, consider the shape of the basket. Square baskets naturally have more room in the corners than round baskets, for instance.
The temperature range of an air fryer measures what it’s capable of. The larger the temperature range, the more versatile the fryer will be. This is extremely important when you plan on using the fryer for different types of cooking.
Temperature can determine how crisp your food is and can even enhance flavor in certain foods. 204° C (or 400° F) is the highest air fryers go. Choose one that goes down as low as 90° F if available. The more temperature options you have, the more you can get out of your air fryer.
The size of the air fryer is especially important if you have limited counter space. Air fryers are extremely portable and easy to care for, but you might want to keep one on your countertop for help with meal prep. Knowing how large it is can help you determine if it’s the right size for your kitchen.
Presets refer to the pre-programmed options you can select for different foods. For instance, an air fryer might have a preset for frozen foods, French fries, or chicken. Use this option o get the perfect temperature and time to cook the food based on expert advice.
Some air fryers offer customizable presets. These allow you to change the temperature and time for any food they have pre-programmed. If you often cook the same recipes or have a different personal preference for cooking your food, you can use a customization option to program your settings.
Functions, on the other hand, refer to the way the air fryer cooks your food. An air fryer with different functions may bake, rotisserie, grill, broil, or toast. These functions create versatile air fryers. They also give you plenty of ways to use your air fryer, so you aren’t always required to fry things. You might choose to use your air fryer as a toaster, broiler, or for proofing dough! It all depends on the available functions and how you choose to use them.
- Safety Features. Features like automatic shut-off are great for keeping your food warm until you need it. However, these features (as well as overheat protection) serve another purpose. These safety features ensure that the air fryer won’t run excessively. Running it for long periods can cause heat to build up, and can lead to dangerous electrical fires and more.
- Recipe Books. Most air fryers come with a recipe book that teaches you how you can use your air fryer. Consider consulting this book to help you get started with your appliance.
- Accessories help you utilize the different features of the air fryer to their greatest potential. Accessories include different pans, baskets, and even rotisserie gear. If you want to make the most of your air fryer, choose one that comes with a ton of accessories to try.
- Shake Reminder. Shake reminder is just one of the many additional features that an air fryer might feature. Shake reminder uses an alarm to remind you to shake the fryer basket. Fries, chicken fingers, and other foods cook evenly if they are regularly shaken as they cook.
Best Air Fryers in Canada Recap
Now that you know what you should look for in an air fryer, let’s take a look back at the options we included on our list.
- First up is the best air fryer in Canada overall. The COSORI 5.8 quart air fryer is the best because of its 13 cooking functions and quick, effective 720-degree heating method. This is the best air fryer for many users.
- The Innsky 10.6QT Air Fryer Oven with Rotisserie and Dehydrator offers the best capacity on our list. The huge 10.6-quart interior can hold multiple foods at once, or create large servings for a large family or social gathering.
- On the other hand, the T-Fal Easy Fry Air Fryer & Grill has the best display on our list. The digital display features easy-to-use controls, and it’s simple to switch from one function to the other and keep track of your time and temperature.
- The best budget air fryer we found is the Ultrean 4.2QT Air Fryer. This model is much less expensive than the others on our list, so it’s perfect for those who are on a budget.
- The Ninja Foodi 8-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven offers the best cooking functions available on our list. It offers a variety of options for cooking, including options for baking and dehydrating. If you want multiple cooking modes, this is the air fryer for you.
- The COSORI Air Fryer Pro offers some of the best additional features, including a shake reminder. This timer goes off in customizable increments during cooking to remind you to shake the basket. Combined with the customizable presets, this air fryer is great for trying out recipes.
- Finally, the Instant Vortex Pro 9-in-1 Air Fryer features the largest temperature range of any air fryer on our list. Precise controls range over 160° C (or 305° F) and can be easily controlled