CORNWALL, Ontario – The CPS would like to advise the residents of Cornwall of the upcoming traffic detours as a result of the Canada Day celebrations on July 1, 2019.
These detours are necessary in order to ensure the safety of the pedestrians attending and leaving the event. These detours will reduce the interaction between vehicles and pedestrians and therefore reduce the risk or injuries to anyone. Several police officers will assist in redirecting traffic in order to improve the flow of traffic at the end of the event.
Pedestrians exiting Lamoureux Park will be given the right of way prior to any traffic being permitted to travel.
The following detours will be implemented at 9:45 p.m.:
• Eastbound traffic on Water St. West will be re-directed northbound on York St.
• Southbound traffic on Augustus St. will be re-directed westbound on Water St. West.
• Southbound traffic on Pitt St. will re-directed westbound on Water St.
• Northbound traffic from the Civic Complex will be able to continue north or turn right and go east. No left turn onto Water St. East.
• Southbound traffic from the Cornwall Square will not be permitted.
• Westbound traffic on Water St. East will be re-directed north on Sydney St.
• Westbound traffic on Water St. East will be re-directed northbound on Adolphus St.
Please be reminded that parking restrictions will be enforced in order to ensure that emergency services have access to the site at all times in the event of an emergency. All vehicles found in contravention of the parking by-law, will be subject to fines and towing at the owner’s expense.
The Cornwall Police Service wishes our citizens a happy and safe Canada Day!