Cornwall Ontario – Job seekers will have a chance to meet dozens of local employers in-person at the Cornwall and Area Job Fair in March.
The Job Fair will be held at the Cornwall Civic Complex on on Wednesday March 29th and is being organized by the Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area’s Employability Network. The event is free and open to anyone seeking employment in Cornwall, Stormont, Dundas, Glengarry, and Akwesasne.
“The Employability Network is well aware of the current labour shortage communities across Ontario are facing and is resonating in our region,” says Carilyne Hébert, Executive Director of the SDC. “We look forward to working with our local employers once again to support them in their recruitment needs.”
The Job Fair will feature two sessions to allow people with different schedules attend the event:
- Wednesday March 29 at the Cornwall Civic Complex
- First Session: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Second Session: 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Click here to see a teaser video for the Job Fair.
The Eastern Ontario Training Board along with the Newcomer Employment Welcome Services Centre is proud to partner with the SDC by providing an added feature at this year’s job fair: Community Connections – A yearly event that brings together new residents, local agencies and employers.
“This collaboration will allow our newcomer community to get a better understanding of the employment opportunities that our area has to offer and connect them directly with service providers – which will help them get that support they need to succeed with their transition,” says Martha Woods, Executive Director of the Eastern Ontario Training Board. “Our goal is to help bridge gaps for our ever-growing community, make our newcomers feel welcome and encourage them to establish themselves in our area.”
This is the ninth consecutive year that a Job Fair has been held in Cornwall.
Job seekers will be able to speak directly to recruiters at the Job Fair, and personally hand over their résumés. A list of available jobs in Cornwall can be found on the ChooseCornwall.ca Job Board.
There will be over 60 exhibitors at the Job Fair. Most will be local employers looking to fill over 500 positions. Here is a partial list of exhibitors – which will be updated on a weekly basis.
- Biscuits Leclerc Ltée
- Clean International Inc.
- Walmart Logistics
- United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
- City of Cornwall
- Intertape Polymer Group
- Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario
- Plan A Glengarry
- Lactalis Canada
- St. Joseph’s Continuing Care Centre
- Minimax Express Transportation Inc.
- ACFO SDG
- Les Amis du CERF
- Carefor Eastern Counties
- Alexandria Moulding
- Drake International
- Pride Group Logistics
- OCAPDD/Open Hands
- Sabic Petrochemicals Canada
- Sun Life
- Hood Packaging Corporation
- McDonald’s Restaurants
- Oscar Ladouceur & Son
- Cornwall Police Service
- St. Lawrence Valley Animal Hospital
- Maxville Manor
- Cornwall Community Hospital
- Maison Interlude House
- Roy Florist
- GCQ Canada
- DEV Hotel and Conference Centre
- Chartwell McConnell and Chartwell Chateau Cornwall RET Residence
- Bayshore Home Care Solutions
- LVFencing / Villeneuve Creations
- Aevitas Inc
- Clean All Environmental Services
- ParaMed Home Health Care
- Igloo Building Supplies Group
- Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital
- Canada Revenue Agency
- MacEwen Petroleum Inc.
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Glengarry Inter-Agency Group
- Bell Technical Solutions
- Manderley Turf Products Inc.
- Community Living Dundas County
- Canada Continental Hotel
- Eastern Ontario Training Board
- Community Integration through Co-operative Education
- Job Zone d’emploi
- Contact North
- Centre York Centre
- St. Lawrence College
- Clinique Juridique Roy McMurtry
- Le Centre Moi j’apprends et CSDCEO (Conseil scolaire catholique)
- Cornwall Student Union
- Tri-County Literacy Council
- Cornwall Business Enterprise Centre
- Choose Cornwall Job Board
- Upper Canada District School Board STEP
- GIAG Employment Services
- Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Kozroots Commumity Empowerment Projects
Employers and service providers looking to join the Job Fair must register at https://jobfair-2023.eventbrite.ca.
Check out the short trailer video for the 2023 Job Fair:
Feel free to share it with your networks!
Job Zone d’emploie will be holding prep sessions for both employers and job seekers the week prior to the Job Fair. Click on the link below for more info:
This event is being organized by the Social Development Council of Cornwall and Area – Employability Network, in cooperation with sponsors; CChoose Cornwall, Eastern Ontario Training Board, Akwesasne Career and Employment Support Services, St-Lawrence College Student Union, Cornwall SDG Human Services Department, SDG Counties, Job Zone d’ Emploi, and Glengarry Interagency Group. For more information, visit: