On behalf of our team and valued members of our CCHF Board, I’m extending season’s greetings and heartfelt gratitude to everyone who supported our Hospital Foundation this year. The following medical equipment is a result of our work together serving local patients:
- A new birthing bed
- Three new vital signs monitors for mothers & babies
- A new area for breastfeeding (in planning now, thanks to your donations at our Radiothon)
- A pediatric simulation mannequin for staff training
- A new CPR Device for the Emergency Department
- A new ultrasound machine
- A vascular ultrasound machine
- A mobile ECG
- Equipment for urology testing
- Mental Health First Aid training courses for staff and physicians
It takes a village – or a community, like ours – to fundraise. These projects are made possible by individual donors, community events, local businesses, service organizations like our Cornwall Kinsmen Club, and applications for funding through corporate grants. I’m proud to share that the Mental Health First Aid training courses mentioned above are happening thanks to a $20,000 grant from the Bell Let’s Talk Community Fund.
As readers of this column are aware, the pandemic and its fallout has created unprecedented stress and pressure on healthcare workers. Mental Health First Aid training provides essential education and awareness to help identify and address mental health or addiction concerns in the workplace, directly impacting our local healthcare ecosystem. Addressing mental health issues experienced by healthcare workers helps strengthen the care they provide to patients at CCH.
Oh, Christmas tree!
Thanks to W3G & Co., helmed by the lovely and talented Debbie Burns, a Christmas Market featuring creative wares of local makers is set to make our weekend bright. Visit the W3G & Co. Christmas Market at Cornwall Square this Friday & Saturday (Dec. 9 & 10) and enter our CCHF Christmas Tree Raffle, courtesy of our title sponsor, Bell Canada. With trees donated by Canadian Tire, decorated by local stores & makers, you could win your favourite tree! For event and raffle ticket details, please visit our Facebook page @CornwallHospitalFoundation.
Double your donation courtesy of Your Credit Union
We are grateful to our friends at Your Credit Union for matching donations to CCHF until December 31st. If you’re considering a gift in support of local patient needs, you can double your donation online at www.cornwallhospitalfoundation.ca today!
And a reminder for those seeking year-end charitable receipts:
- If donating online, CCHF must receive funds via cornwallhospitalfoundation.ca before December 31st at 11:59 PM.
- If donating by mail, envelopes must be postmarked by Canada Post no later than December 31st. If a cheque is marked for December, but the mailing envelope is postmarked in January, a donation will not comply with the 2022 receipting year. Our team carefully documents postmarked envelopes when opening donations in January after the Christmas break.
- The deadline for in-person donations at our office is Friday, December 23, by 3 p.m.
- Gifts of stock must be processed by December 15th.
On behalf of our CCHF family to yours, we wish you a happy and healthy holiday!