NORTH DUNDAS, Ontario – On Oct. 2, 2017 at approximately 2:33 p.m., Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Stormont Dundas and Glengarry officers responded to a report of a theft of alcohol at a business on County Road 3, South Mountain, Ontario. The male suspect left the store in a dark vehicle.
The motor vehicle was then involved in a single vehicle collision on Highway 401 eastbound on ramp, South Dundas Township.
The male driver fled from the vehicle and was successfully apprehended by officers. Further investigation revealed that the vehicle involved was stolen.
The male was also charged in connection with similar thefts of alcohol at a business in Spencerville, Ontario.
As a result, James Raymond RUSH (32) of Ottawa, Ontario was charged with:
• Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
• Possession of property obtained by Crime – over $5000
• Possession of property obtained by Crime – under $5000 ( 2 counts)
• Fail to comply with probation order
• Drive while disqualified (3 counts)
• Theft Under $5000 – Shoplifting
• Theft Under $5000 (3 counts) – Spencerville incident
• Possession of a Controlled Substance
He was held in custody pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cornwall on October 3, 2017.