Fire at Carleton St. home

Nick Seebruch
Fire at Carleton St. home
Photo from Pixabay.

CORNWALL, Ontario – Cornwall Fire Services were called to a residence on Carleton St. at around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 19.

Fire Services were quickly on the scene of the fire at 216 Carleton St. and contained the fire to one apartment in a four unit building.

Thirteen firefighters fought the blaze and quickly put it out. Cornwall Fire Services are reporting that the blaze was started by a cooking related incident.

Fire Chief Pierre Voisine credits the fact that there were no injuries to working smoke detectors.


Share this article