CORNWALL, Ontario – Firefighters are at the scene of a hotel blaze on Vincent Massey Drive.
Units at the Indigo Inn on Vincent Massey Drive were on fire before being doused by firefighters shortly after the lunch hour. There is believed to be heavy smoke damage in many of the units as well.
It’s not believed that the fire caused any injuries, although one woman was receiving oxygen at the scene via paramedics.
A small number of people, presumably those staying at the hotel, were milling about the parking lot while emergency crews went about their business.
Cornwall Electric was also at the scene.
It’s unknown what sparked the blaze which was largely put out by 2 p.m., but Cornwall Newswatch is reporting a mattress caught fire.
More to come.