The Akwesasne Mohawk Police are providing an update regarding the identities of several bodies found in the Akwesasne territory on March 30 and March 31, 2023.
A total of eight (8) bodies have been recovered in total. The circumstances surrounding the deaths continue to be investigated. An essential part of this investigation is determining whether or not this travel was facilitated by an individual or individuals. This investigation is still in its early stages, and investigators are still trying to piece together what transpired. AMPS is working closely with Homeland Security Investigations – Massena and other local law enforcement agencies. Police will not provide any further information at this time.
The identities of the deceased are:
- Florin Alexandru (also known as Florin Iordache), adult male, age 28
- Monalisa Budi (also known as Monalisa Caldararu), age 28
- One child, age 2, a Canadian citizen
- One child, age 1, a Canadian citizen
- Pravinbhai Veljibhai Chaudhari, adult male, age 49
- Dakshaben Pravinbhai Chaudhari, adult female, age 45
- Mitkumar Pravinbhai Chaudhari, adult male, age 20
- Vidhiben Pravinkumar Chaudhari, adult female, age 23
We wish to extend our condolences to the families of these individuals.
If you have any information to assist with the investigation, please contact Akwesasne Mohawk Police at 613-575-2340 or submit a secure tip by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Even the smallest bit of information could be significant,” said Acting Staff Sergeant Detective Kariwate Mitchell.
If you wish to provide information that would help investigators and would like to remain anonymous, call the Seaway Valley Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.