The full $1 from every Smile Cookie sold supports BGC Cornwall/SDG
Cornwall – Tim Hortons Smile Cookie Campaign is back supporting charities in communities across the country, including BGC Cornwall/SDG – one of 550 Canadian charities, hospitals and community programs supported through the annual campaign.
For one week, from September 19 – 25, restaurant owners donate the full $1 from every freshly baked chocolate chunk Smile Cookie purchased to support charities in their community. Guests can complete a form to place pre-orders for Smile Cookies through the BGC Cornwall/SDG.
This year, Tim Hortons restaurants in Cornwall and South Lancaster are supporting BGC Cornwall/SDG programs that will help children and youth learn about mental health awareness and resiliency.
Owners from our local Tim Hortons will be on hand on Monday, September 19, 2022 for 4:00 PM at Tim Hortons on 1233 Brookdale Ave. to kick-off the 2022 Smile Cookie Campaign.
“Smile Cookies – The cookie that makes an impact! Every Smile Cookie is unique as the BGC youth we help! Funds received from Smile Cookies will support our mental health programs and training. Our community is helping us put smiles on kids faces by sharing, eating and purchasing Smile Cookies!” said Jacquie Richards, Executive Director, BGC Cornwall/SDG
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
• In 2021, the Smile Cookie campaign raised over $12.2 million across Canada for over 600 local charities and community groups
• In total, the Smile Cookie campaign has raised over $75 million in over 25 years
• The Smile Cookie campaign began in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
• The Smile Cookie campaign and has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
• Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons & @BGCCornwallSDG
• Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons & @BGCCornwallSDG
• Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons & @BGCCornwallSDG
• Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign
About TIM HORTONS®
Tim Hortons is one of North America’s largest restaurant chains operating in the quick service segment. Founded as a single location in Canada in 1964, Tim Hortons appeals to a broad range of guest tastes, with a menu that includes premium coffee, hot and cold specialty drinks (including lattes, cappuccinos and espresso shots), specialty teas and fruit smoothies, fresh baked goods, grilled Panini and classic sandwiches, wraps, soups, prepared foods and other food products. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 system wide restaurants located in Canada, the United States and around the world. More information about the company is available at www.timhortons.com.
About BGC Cornwall/SDG
The BGC Cornwall/SDG is a safe, fun, and supervised place where children and youth from all cultural and economic backgrounds, can participate in social, recreational, and educational programs that are designed to enhance growth, personal development, and potential. www.bgccornwallsdg.com.