These charges have yet to be proven in court.
SOUTH GLENGARRY, Ontario – On January 24, 2022 Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry Ontario Provincial (OPP) crime unit initiated an investigation regarding an historical sexual assault allegation against a young female in the South Glengarry Township.
On February 11, 2022 a 19 year-old male was arrested and charged for the historical sexual assault. To protect the identity of the victim, the name of the accused will not be revealed to the public.
The 19 -year-old male of Cornwall, Ontario was arrested and charged with the following offences;
– Sexual Assault on a Person under 16 years of age CC 271
– Sexual Interference CC 151
– Administer noxious thing with intent to aggrieve or annoy CC 245(1) (b)
– Forcible Confinement CC 279(2)
– Uttering Threats – Cause death or Bodily Harm CC 264.1(1) (a)
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Cornwall Court on March 10, 2022.
There is no risk to public safety, the victim was known to the accused.
Anyone having information on the above incidents or any other crime is asked to call SD&G OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Seaway Valley Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or you can submit a TIP online at www.seawayvalleycrimestoppers.ca